Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Blessings of Being a Big Sister

Being the oldest of 4 girls isn't always the easiest. It has it's ups and it's downs. Babysitting, fighting over clothes, cleaning up messes, cat fights, drama, the list goes on and on. Not to long ago I remember being furious with my 12 year old sister Cassidy, and telling her to shut up. Well later that day my youngest sister Emerson told my mom to shut up. My mom asked her where she learned to say that. And she replied "Bailey," that really brought me to realize that I always have 3 pairs of eyes watching my actions, my every move, taking after what I say and do. The pressure of being a good example is huge.  But I realize that no matter how challenging being the oldest can be, there is no greater blessing then being a big sister. When you come home from a long day of school and sports, and you walk in the door and your little sister runs to you screaming your name and gives you a great big hug. When your sister comes and asks you for advice. When your sick and your sisters color you as many pictures as they can. When they ask you to tuck them into bed and as you leave the room and turn off the light they yell "LOVE YOU BAY!" at the top of their lungs. When you're upset, and crying and your sister comes and sits next to you and says "It's ok, everything is going to be alright," and sits with you until you're happy and smiling again. These are just few of the countless experiences that I have had. I can't even explain how blessed I am to have these 3 amazing younger siblings whom I love and care about very much. I look up to them, even if they are 3 feet shorter then I am. They're my best friends, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

1 comment:

  1. I was the oldest of five with 3 sister and a brother. My favorite parts--getting ready for a date with a little audience of fans, driving them to McDonalds for a "date", and when I moved out to go to college, it was really cool to come home to visit as an adult.
    Love your blog--You're so cool!
    Love YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete